It's beginning to look a lot like...cocktails! If you happen to be located on the East Coast, we're having a quite un-frosty winter. No worries, because we've picked 3 of our favorite holiday cocktails with the recipes below to get you in the holiday spirit!
1. Hot Cocoa Martini (recipe/photo via A Cocktail Life)
For 2 Servings:
- 1 Packet hot cocoa mix
- 1 Cup milk
- 3 oz. Whipped cream vodka
- 1 oz. Buttershots caramel liqueur
Bring the milk to a simmer in a pot and whisk in the cocoa mix until fully incorporated. Refrigerate for about 10 - 15 minutes to chill. Add 1/2 cup of the prepared cocoa to a cocktail shaker along with the vodka and caramel liqueur. Fill with ice, shake well and pour into cocktail glasses. Garnish with either whipped cream or marshmallows, if desired.
2. Spiced Blood Orange And Champagne Punch (recipe/photo via Spoon Fork Bacon)
Spiced Blood Orange Champagne Punch
Serves 3 to 5
- 3 cups freshly squeezed blood orange juice or store bought 100% blood orange juice
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 whole star anise
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 (500ml) bottle brut champagne, chilled
1. Place the blood orange juice, sugar, cinnamon and star anise in a small pot and bring to a boil, over medium-high heat.
2. Once the mixture begins to boil, reduce the heat to medium/medium-low and simmer until the liquid has reduced by half, 30 to 40 minutes.
3. While the mixture is still hot, stir in the white wine until completely combined. Allow to cool before placing in the refrigerator to chill, at least 2 hours.
4. When ready to serve, place 3 tablespoons of the blood orange mixture into the bottom of each glass and top with chilled champagne (about ½ way to 2/3 of the way full). Serve!
3. Holiday Mule (Ginger Beer, Gin Or Vodka) recipe (recipe/photo via Home Sweet Jones)
- 1/2 oz simple syrup
- 1/2 oz unsweetened cranberry juice
- 1 1/2 oz gin or vodka
- 2 oz chilled ginger beer
- 1 rosemary sprig
- orange slice, for garnish
- sugared cranberries, for garnish
Combine simple syrup, cranberry juice, and gin. Pour over ice and top with ginger beer. Serve garnished with rosemary, orange wedge and sugared cranberries, if desired.
HAPPY HOLIDAYS from SUGARLOOM!